Head of Product Management
Preferred Location: Ontario or British Columbia, Canada
Updated: November 30th, 2023
Vayle is a rapidly emerging leader in the field of information access and privacy compliance for the public sector. The company’s flagship product, Vayle FOI, now processes approximately one in four FOI requests for Ontario municipal entities. Our recently announced partnership with the Association of Municipalities of Ontario (AMO) has further entrenched Vayle’s position as the “go-to” FOI solution for municipal entities across the province – Vayle FOI will soon be launched in new markets throughout Canada. We are a small, entrepreneurial, fast-paced organization that believes in unleashing the full potential of our people.
As Head of Product Management, you will be a key player in steering the future of Vayle’s suite of information compliance solutions, including our AI applications. Responsibilities encompass interpreting customer needs, leading client feedback sessions, managing the product roadmap, and providing daily guidance to our developers. Leveraging your expertise in AI, you will contribute to integrating cutting-edge technologies into our product suite. If you possess an entrepreneurial spirit, enjoy direct customer interaction, are naturally curious, and embrace a proactive approach to getting things done, this role is tailor-made for you.
- Define and communicate the product’s vision, strategy, and goals, incorporating AI applications into our suite. Align the product roadmap with the company’s overall vision and business objectives.
- Conduct market research to comprehend customer needs, market trends, and the competition, utilizing AI-driven insights to make informed product decisions.
- Encourage and drive innovation within the organization, exploring new AI technologies, features, and solutions to meet evolving market demands.
- Work closely with stakeholders, including customers, sales, and development teams, to gather and prioritize product requirements. Create detailed user stories and use cases.
- Engage stakeholders, including customers, sales, and development teams, to gather and prioritize product requirements, incorporating AI functionalities. Create detailed user stories and use cases.
- Work closely with the engineering team, ensuring the successful development and delivery of AI-driven product features. Provide clear and concise product requirements and specifications.
- Collaborate with UX/UI designers, integrating AI elements into user-friendly interfaces, ensuring a positive AI-driven user experience. Review and approve design mockups and prototypes.
- Oversee the testing process, ensuring AI-driven features meet quality standards and are free of bugs and issues. Conduct user acceptance testing (UAT) to validate AI feature functionality.
- Define and track key performance indicators (KPIs), incorporating metrics to measure product success and impact. Analyze data to identify areas for improvement and make data-driven decisions.
- Assist in resolving customer issues and inquiries related to the product. Act as a point of contact for customer feedback and feature requests.
- Ensure Privacy by Design is integrated into every phase of the data lifecycle, especially pertinent to our AI applications.
- Proven track record in successfully building and launching new software applications, with a focus on AI, ideally in a startup environment.
- Strong problem-solving skills to navigate challenges, make decisions in ambiguous situations, and find creative solutions to AI-related issues.
- Ability to make data-driven decisions, prioritizing AI features based on customer value and business impact.
- Familiarity with user experience (UX) and user interface (UI) design principles to collaborate effectively with designers and ensure a positive AI-driven user experience.
- Previous experience working in an agile development environment, using methodologies such as Scrum or Kanban.
- Proficiency in using analytics tools to track key performance indicators (KPIs) and derive insights for AI-driven product improvement.
- Previous experience working in the public sector is preferred but not required.
- We offer a competitive compensation plan.
- To apply for this position, please submit your application via LinkedIn or email your resume to [email protected]