Business Development Manager, Public Sector
Preferred Location: Toronto, ON
Posted: March 23rd, 2023
Founded in 2021, Vayle provides information access, security, and privacy compliance software and advisory services for public sector entities. Last year, the company acquired Nordat FOI, a leading provider of FOI workflow and reporting software business. Poised for significant growth in 2023, we are looking for a Business Development Manager to expand our presence in the Canadian public sector segment.
Working directly with the Founder and CEO, you will be responsible for securing new software and services engagements with municipal, provincial, and federal entities. Vayle’s solutions offer a compelling proposition: to help our client save time and money through workflow automation and fractional support services. Reference accounts include some of Canada’s largest municipalities and agencies, many of which have been Nordat FOI software customers for 10+ years.
As a Business Development Manager, you will work directly with the Founder and CEO to secure new software and services engagements with municipal, provincial, and federal entities. You will be responsible for building and executing new strategies to identify and engage public sector prospects and establishing partnerships with distribution associations and other groups that serve our target market. The ideal candidate has had extensive experience working in the Canadian public sector and is familiar with MFIPPA, FIPPA and other provincial privacy and information access legislation.
- In coordination with company leadership, create quarterly and annual sales forecasts to deliver results.
- Engage with federal, provincial, and municipal agencies to present our software and services, including our soon-to-be-released modernized FOI application.
- Establish partnerships with industry groups and associations to enhance our brand and accelerate growth.
- Build and execute new strategies to identify and engage public sector prospects, helping the company refine its sales approach and methodologies.
- Capture and record feedback on client requirements, objections, and opportunities to build future use cases within our CRM.
- You are an entrepreneurial and performance-driven business development professional looking to make your mark in an early-stage company at the centre of a rapidly growing industry.
- You are a professional networker that can leverage existing contacts to build relationships at all levels, including CAOs, Clerks, Deputy Clerks, Records Managers, and FOI supervisors.
- You have had direct experience working in the Canadian public sector, ideally at a municipal level.
- You are naturally curious – interested in learning about client issues, industry, and competitor developments.
- You have a genuine interest in information access, security and privacy compliance.
- You are a person of high integrity; this is core to our brand promise.
- You are a Canadian citizen and willing to undergo a police background check.
- We offer a competitive salary and commission plan
- To apply for this position, please submit your application via LinkedIn, or email your resume to [email protected]
Equal Opportunity Employer:
- This is a full-time role; however, we will consider a contractor relationship.
- Recently retired public sector employees have joined Vayle and are welcome to apply.