Business Development Manager, Public Sector
Preferred Location: Toronto, ON
Posted: December 19th, 2022
The amount of personal information in the custody and control of public sector organizations is surging. Along with all of this data comes the added responsibility of ensuring increasingly stringent compliance standards are met. Vayle was founded to help address this challenge.
Vayle provides information access, security, and privacy compliance software and advisory services for public and private sector entities. Earlier this year, the company acquired Nordat FOI, a leading provider of FOI workflow and reporting software. Poised for significant growth in 2023, we are looking for a Business Development Manager to expand our presence in the Canadian public sector segment.
Working directly with the Founder and CEO, you will be responsible for securing new software and services engagements with municipal, provincial, and federal entities. Vayle’s solutions offer a compelling proposition: to help our client save time and money through workflow automation and fractional support services. Reference accounts include some of Canada’s largest municipal entities and police services agencies, many of which have been Nordat software customers for 10+ years.
You are an entrepreneurial and performance-driven business development professional looking to make your mark in an early-stage company at the centre of a rapidly growing industry. This is a virtual work-from-home position. Though we prefer that candidates be based in the GTA, applicants from other regions across Canada will be considered.
- Build and execute new strategies to identify and engage public sector prospects, helping the company refine our sales approach and methodologies
- Establish partnerships with distribution partners and associations to accelerate growth
- Capture and record feedback on client requirements, objections, and opportunities to build future use cases within CRM
- Provide reporting and sales funnel management via weekly review meetings
- You are a high-integrity individual; this core to our brand promise
- You are a professional networker that can leverage existing contacts to build relationships at all levels, including IT leaders, Department Heads, Clerks, Deputy Clerks, Records Managers, and FOI coordinators
- You have had direct experience working in the Canadian public sector, ideally at a municipal level
- You are curious by nature – interested in learning about client issues, as well as industry and competitor developments
- You have a genuine interest in the topics of information access, security and privacy compliance
- You are a Canadian citizen and willing to undergo a police background check
- We offer a competitive salary and commission plan
- To apply for this position, please submit your application via LinkedIn, or email your resume to [email protected]
Equal Opportunity Employer:
- Vayle is an equal-opportunity employer. We value diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all team members