This section describes the Personal Information we collect about you and why depending on how you interact with us.
- You have contracted with us to provide Services to you (a “Customer”). In this case, we collect your Personal Information to address your service requests, issue invoicing, monitor your account, and send you updates about our terms of service and other administrative matters. You can choose not to provide your Personal Information; however, this may prevent us from making our Services available to you.
- You have registered to receive content from us, learn more about our Services, or participate in an event or survey (a “Registrant”). You can choose not to register for our content, opt out of receiving content, or request that we delete your information at any time by filling out this form.
- You have visited our website properties, including www.vayle.io or our landing page www.getvayle.io (a “Visitor”). Please refer to our Cookie Notice for further details on our online monitoring activities. We collect this information to improve the relevance of our website, marketing, and content.
- If you are a Customer, E-learner, or Registrant, we may also maintain a record of our correspondence and your feedback.
Personal Information Collected
The table below provides a simplified view of the Personal Information we will collect about you for each of the circumstances mentioned above.
|Information We Collect and Process||Customer||Registrant||Visitor|
|Work Email Address||✓||✓|
|Work Telephone Number||✓||✓|
|Number of Employees||✓||✓|
|Log Files (i.e. IP Address)||✓|
|Device IP Address||✓||✓|
|Time Visited Website||✓||✓|
|Pages Visited by Device||✓||✓|
|Files Downloaded by Device||✓||✓|
|Website Navigation Path by Device||✓||✓|
|Time Spent by Device on Pages||✓||✓|
Other Legitimate Purposes
We may also use the Personal Information we collect for other legitimate purposes, including:
- Compliance with law enforcement, court, and legal or regulatory requirements;
- Information system, network, and cybersecurity purposes;
- General corporate operations and due diligence; and
- Product development and enhancement.
Collection and Use of Children’s Personal Information
We do not knowingly collect or solicit Personal Information from anyone under the age of 13. If you are under 13, please do not attempt to register for our Services or send any Personal Information about yourself to us. If we discover that we have collected Personal Information from a child under the age of 13, we will delete that information as soon as possible. If you believe that a child under 13 may have provided Personal Information to Vayle, please contact us at [email protected].
Sale of Personal Your Information
We will not sell your information (including Personal Information) to any third party for monetary consideration.
Information Shared with Vendor Partners
We share your Personal Information with vendors, consultants, and other service providers to enable the delivery of Services to our Customers. When we share Personal Information with these vendors, we remain responsible for ensuring that such parties process your Personal Information to the standards required by applicable privacy laws. Such vendors are prohibited from using your Personal Information and are required to keep it confidential. Examples such vendors include Google Analytics, Hubspot, Intuit/Quickbooks, and Terranova.
Information Shared for Marketing Purposes
From time to time, we may contact you on behalf of external business partners about a particular offering that may be of interest to you. In those cases, your Personal Information is not transferred to the third party without your express consent.
How long we keep information we collect about you depends on the type of information we are storing. We will only retain your Personal Information for as long as necessary for the purpose for which that data was collected and to the extent required by applicable law. When we no longer need Personal Information, we will delete it from our systems or anonymize it to ensure you cannot be identified.
If you have elected to receive marketing and communications content from us, we will retain information about your preferences for a reasonable timeframe from the last date you expressed interest in our content, products, or services. We retain information collected from cookies and other tracking technologies for a reasonable period of time from the date such information was collected.
Individual data privacy rights and definitions of what is defined as personal information varies, depending on the jurisdiction. Given we process Personal Data in Canada and the United States only, our Privacy Notice has been written to reflect regulatory requirements within those jurisdictions. In some cases, we have chosen to go above and beyond what is required by law to demonstrate our commitment to protecting Personal Information.
The following list provides an overview of your rights concerning Personal Information we process about you:
- Right to request access to your Personal Information.
- Right to correct, update your Personal Information.
- Right to delete your Personal Information we process about you, except when we are required to retain such information to comply with the law or defend legal claims.
- Right to object to the processing of your Personal Information, ask us to restrict the processing of your Personal Information.
- Right to request portability of your Personal Information.
- You have the right to complain to a data protection authority about our collection and use of your Personal Information.
Marketing and Promotional Materials
You can opt-out from receiving content from us, including promotional communications at any time, by using the unsubscribe link in the emails we send or filling out this form. If you have an account for our Services, we will still send you non-promotional communications, like service-related emails.
Cookie Consent Management
- Third-party Marketing. We don’t share Personal Information with others for their direct marketing purposes without your consent. We’ll update this policy if that ever changes.
- Do Not Track. We may collect information about your usage and activity through Cookies, as described in our Cookie Notice. Some web browsers or smartphones have the ability to set “Do Not Track” requests to block user activity from being tracked across web pages or devices. Our Websites do not monitor or respond to “Do Not Track” browser signals.
- We do not sell Personal Information about Nevada residents. Nonetheless, if you are a resident of Nevada, and would like to request to opt-out you may contact us at [email protected].
- Comply with applicable laws;
- Comply with a civil, criminal, or regulatory inquiry, investigation, subpoena, or summons;
- Cooperate with law enforcement agencies;
- Exercise or defend legal claims;
- Detect security incidents and protect against fraudulent or illegal activity and prosecute those responsible for such activity; or
- Transfer Personal Information as part of a merger or acquisition, dissolution, bankruptcy, or any other transaction in which a third party assumes control of all or part of our business.